First, was the other morning when Dr. Gore had actually shaved and I was so very excited because that doesn't happen nearly enough for my liking. Well little Miss Ramona asked me why I was so happy he shaved because now he looked so much younger than me and someone might think he was my son! How insane is that for her to say?!?! But then as I looked at him I realized that's so true, of course not that he looks like my son because everyone know I have no sons, but that he does look younger than me when he is clean-shaven and older with the beard, soooooo I've maybe changed my opinion and am a bit more partial to the beard now.
Then tonight when I was working on laundry and there must have been a sigh involved in the process so Ramona asked me am I sad we have a washer and dryer now because now I always have to do the laundry? I couldn't believe this crazy talk! So I went on to rant and rave about how much I love having a washing and dryer, but she was busy imitating me saying oh no we have to hurry and go drive and get the laundry before someone steals it (and really that's not so funny because once in a while that did happen). KIDS, I say!
Anyways, enough about my sassy little Ramona, mini me for sure! But yes, we've been here over 4 months now and I still Loooooooooooooooooooove having a washer and dryer, like so much that every time I do laundry I think about how much I love it. It's a little bit nutty. They were the very first big thing we bought when we got here and then a kitchen table and chairs and so far that's it. We have no living room or family room furniture, but folks I have my washer and dryer. For those of you who have never been without one for 5 years, don't try it, this is how deeply it affects you.
In more exciting news, the girls are playing soccer for the first time. Luckily I had the forthought to have them on the same thing, makes scheduling much less complicated. They both really love it and had their first game on Saturday. Sasha is a little shy, but seems to really like being on the field and part of the team. Ramona is much more aggressive and scored 1 of the 2 goals their team scored. They are also in the same Girl Scout troop. It's probably not nice for me to force them to do everything together, but they don't even see each other all day at school so I don't think it's that big of a deal and definitely minimizes the running around.
And for all that whining I just barely did about the funk in the air, I just saw in the news today that the cows are getting the boot. I'm really suprised, I figured they were here before all this development so they weren't going anywhere. But 70,000 cattle are on the way to share their funk with another poor town.
Last of my hodgepodge post. Isn't this a great idea for an advent calendar? I think my lack of craftiness may be able to handle it.
2 comments:
DAve hasnt shaved in years! He just clippers it once a week. I love his scruff! But so funny the things Ramona is saying! What a dag! Darbs is such a smart allec now its funny! Let's see a pic of Dr Gore next time he shaves! And no way about the cows going!!!! wow! And Melanie Gore without a Target in her town.... ouch! TArget here is nuthin like in the US so I rarely go. I used to get SOOO excited about TArget in Ithaca. Boooo hoooo. And a Wegmans would go down well here too!!!!
oh my, please think of me next time you do laundry. i'm so over hauling my laundry to and from hasbrouk.
Post a Comment